Scholarship for 2018 Bid & Proposal Conference
The purpose of the APMP-NCA Scholarship is to provide a 2018 APMP International Bid and Proposal Conference scholarship award to junior professionals who have shown an interest in their professional career to include Proposal Development, Proposal Management, Proposal Writing, Capture Management, Pricing Management, Contracts Management, Graphic Design, and/or Business Development (BD) areas. The Scholarship Award will honor an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to professional capture and proposal development.
A scholarship award is available in the amount of a full early bird conference registration for the 2018 APMP International Bid & Proposal Conference in San Diego, May 15-18 2018. Please refer to the www.apmp.com web site for specific conference information. The scholarship covers Early Bird Full Registration for an APMP member affiliated with NCA. The award is for 2018 only, and the scholarship award will be paid directly to APMP to cover the cost of registration.
1. Applicants must be registered as an APMP member affiliated with the NCA Chapter.
2. Applicants must have worked in the BD, Capture and/or Proposal Development field for at least one year and no more than five years.
3. Applicants must provide a reference to validate their position involving at least 1 year and no more than 5 years of proposal development experience, as well as to answer questions regarding the applicant’s character and goals.
4. Applicants must confirm their commitment to attend the conference.
5. Applicants must gain approval from their employer to take leave to attend the conference.
6. Applicants or their employer must cover all other costs for travel, hotel room, and incidentals.
The APMP-NCA Scholarship Award is awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. APMP - NCA will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified, and reserves the right not to award a scholarship for 2018.
1. The applicant must complete and submit the application form by the deadline cited below.
2. The applicant must meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
3. The applicant must have demonstrated and expressed interest in BD, Capture and/or Proposal Professional Development.
4. The applicant will be judged on his/her responses to the essay questions.
To be considered for an APMP-NCA Scholarship Award, applicants must complete the application and return it to APMP- NCA Professional Development Committee, no later than February 9, 2018. The application must include:
1. A completed application form including all required information and essays. Only completed application forms will be considered.
2. A current resume.
All of the above items must be submitted before the application will be considered.
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include applicant’s last name as part of the file name. Please note that all application materials must be received by February 9, 2018.
Applications Must Include
APMP Member #
Years of Related (BD, Capture, or Proposal Development Experience)
Essay 1: A statement limited to 250 words summarizing the applicant's professional qualifications as well as educational and career goals.
Essay 2: A statement limited to 250 words of (1) the applicant’s intent for future growth for themselves as well as (2) how they will support other junior proposal professionals and the APMP - NCA Chapter.
Please send your application email@example.com
by February 9, 2018.
Download the Application Form Below